Saturday, September 1, 2012

The first day in Russia

After 30 hours from my departure from the Boise Airport I finally arrived in Moscow at 6:00 AM Moscow time. I must say the sunrise was beautiful over Moscow. I was able to get a picture through the window of the airplane.
After I passed through passport control and picked up my luggage at the baggage claim, I exited the main terminal and Anna was right there waiting as she promised. We recognized each other right away and it was if we had already known each other for years.

After leaving the Airport we took the Metro which is the subway system in Moscow to the bus station to check my bags in for our trip in the evening.
Despite the rainy weather in Moscow that neither Anna or I had been prepared for me managed to briefly tour a few of the attractions there in Moscow.
It is unfortunate that I do not remember the name of this place but it was beautiful. Here are some pictures.





I took so many pictures that I cannot spend all day uploading them to the blog. But after about 14 hours of touring Moscow and riding the Metro back and forth we arrived at the bus station to take us to Anna's hometown which is approximately 450 miles away from Moscow.
The bus ride was about 12 hours and we slept most of the way. We arrived at her home at about 6:30 AM. Both of us were very tired even after trying to sleep on the rough bus ride and felt fortunate that the children allowed us to sleep the remainder of the Morning.
That was the first day!



No comments:

Post a Comment