Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sleepless in Russia

Anna had a difficult time sleeping last night while she anticipated the busy day today.
After getting very little sleep she had to go to work a full day before she could return home to prepare the children for the long bus ride to Moscow. She only had about 5 minutes in the evening to talk on Skype. She had to be on the bus at 6:00 PM.
It is approximately a 12 hour bus ride from where she lives to Moscow. In fact while I make the blog post she has probably already arrived to Moscow. Then she will need to be at her appointment for a medical examination at 8:00 AM Moscow time and that is 9:00 PM Mountain time here. Her and the 2 children need a medical exam prior to the interview. They will need to bring the results in a sealed envelope to the interview with them.
Due to the fact that it is Friday, she will have to wait until early next week to have her interview. So she will have to stay in Moscow over the weekend with the 2 children (God Help Her). Fortunately she was able to find a good hotel at an affordable price and it is at a central location.
After her interview she should receive the visas. I am not sure how long she will have to wait but I hope she gets them on the Fourth of July. It will give me another reason to celebrate the upcoming holiday.
But unfortunately I will not be able talk to her on Skype while she is in Moscow. I may be able to send some text messages to her but she was certain her phone would not work. She will try to find a new sim card that will allow it to work temporarily while she is in Moscow. But at this time I have not received a reply from her yet. I could call her on the phone but we still have difficulty understanding each other even after I have been learning to speak Russian and Anna is learning English.
Hopefully I hear from her soon. I want to hear she arrived or I may start to worry. It saddens me that I was unable to be there with her to help her but I was could not afford to fly there to be with her at this time. I have been trying to save a little bit of money so that we can cover the extra expenses when she gets here. But I am sad I couldn't be there with her. She should not have to do this alone. At least her mother agreed to meet her in Moscow during the weekend so she will have someone to talk to.
Fortunately it will all be over soon. In fact she may be able to catch a flight out of Russia as early as the 18th of July. This is the day Anna chose so she could have plenty of time to tie up all the loose ends and give her employer two weeks notice. I know she will be here very soon but patience has never been my strong point so I want her here yesterday. Until she is here, I am "Sleepless in Idaho".



.

No comments:

Post a Comment