Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Wedding Ceremony and our Vows

Anna and I were a little nervous when we first arrived in the courtroom but the judge was very professional and we began to feel more comfortable as the ceremony began.

Judge Reardon began with the following:
We have the honor today of witnessing the marriage of Bryan and Anna. This is not a matter to be entered lightly or selfishly. So, I ask you:
Have you come here freely and without reservation to join together as husband and wife?
Do you both understand that the promises you will make to each other are among the most sacred and serious commitments a person can make?
Anna had a difficult time understanding some of the judges questions but Katya was able to interpret for her and she was able to respond to them quickly. 

He continued...
If you are ready to make this commitment, please join your hands and repeat after me.
I, Bryan take you, Anna to be my Wife. I promise to be true  to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life. Take and wear this ring as a symbol of my love and fidelity.
We all chuckled briefly when Anna began to repeat, "I Bryan take you, Anna".  She blushed a little from embarrassment as she realized her mistake and we continued.
I, Anna take you, Bryan to be my Husband. I promise to be true  to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life. Take and wear this ring as a symbol of my love and fidelity.
Anna again became slightly embarrassed as she had some difficulty putting the ring on my finger. 
You have declared your intentions before me and these witnesses so by the power vested in me as a Magistrate Judge for the State of Idaho, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss.
The entire wedding ceremony only lasted about 15 minutes. It began at 1:15 and ended around 1:30.
After the ceremony, Judge Reardon, Alan and Laurence signed the marriage certificate and we were left the courtroom as Husband and Wife. It may have been very brief but it is an event that changed our lives forever and Anna and I will never forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment