Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My visit to Russia, Continued...

Anna and I really enjoyed our time together. She showed me all around her hometown. She brought me to a place they call the "Valley of the beggars" which is ironic because it is where all the government officials live. While the average Russian lives in a 400 square foot flats in complexes like this,
the government officials and religious leaders live in nice homes like the ones seen here.
Thus the irony stated in the term "Valley of the Beggars".
Anna and the children took me to the mall where we had a great time shopping and having lunch. 
I must say the Russian food was excellent, but I have to admit Anna cooked much better meals than were prepared in any of the restaurants there.
Anna even treated me to a haircut while I was there with her personal hairdresser. If you ever find yourself in Russia and want a haircut, look up this place and ask for Natasha. She did an amazing job.


This is the Salon she works at.
To be continued...








No comments:

Post a Comment