Saturday, May 5, 2012

True Love is Patient

Patience is something both Anna and I have to exercise each and every day. With almost 7 months of correspondence we still have not been in the same room as one another or even been in the same country together. We still live on separate sides of the planet from each other.

Everything that has to happen for us to be together takes much time. Anna has just finished filling out the papers to present to the consulate in Russia to get me the official letter of invitation in order for me to visit her in Russia. She must ride a bus for over 100 miles each way to deliver the paperwork to the consulate. Then it will take an additional 3 to 4 weeks for her to receive the official letter. Upon receipt of the letter, she will then need to mail the letter to me which will take more time. Once I receive the letter from her, I need to mail it to the Russian Consulate in Seattle along with the Visa application with the hope it gets approved. This process will take 4 to 6 weeks also.

Once I get the Visa, I can fly over to Russia and visit her briefly, but this is still not the end. During my trip to Russia, we need to get pictures taken of us together, so that when we finally apply for the visa that will allow her to come here, we can prove to the U.S. Immigration services that we have been together. This is a requirement for that type of Visa.

Much needs to happen and everything is slow moving and takes so much time. Sometimes it gets frustrating but we are both patient and will wait for however long it takes to start our lives together. True Love is Patient and will stand the test of time.

Feel free to post a comment if you wish.
True love is Patient

No comments:

Post a Comment